Sunday 11 May 2014

Evaluating the DvD Label and Logo

For this section of the assignment I created a label for the DVD disc to accompany the Amaray inlay and the trailer.

My final design was a simple black disc, with the archer logo, two of the silhouettes used on the inlay, some text, my logo and the 18 certificate image. This created a effective high contrast label that easily stands out. I feel I could have tried to make the silhouettes look a little better, although they are adequate to the task at hand. It's a shame my original ideas of coloured boxes didn't work, as I think this would have been a great addition to the label and if I had to do this again, I would make sure to set aside enough time to get these right.


If I was to do this project again, I would allow myself more time to familiarise myself more thoroughly with the program and to make sure I got a few more details right. I would have liked to be able to create a slightly more dynamic label, but I do feel this would have detracted from the boldness of the current design.

The logo I created was fun, as using the different tools to create a nice bold, yet simple, logo was a new experience. I enjoyed toying with the different vector tools to create my final design. If I was to do this again, I'd try to use the Pen tool to a better extent. While I experimented with it in creating the logo, the shapes I wanted were all uniform, so the existing vector shapes were a better match.

No comments:

Post a Comment