Thursday 3 April 2014

Constructing the draft

So far in my work on this assigment, I have been working towards what is my Draft copy of my DVD sleeve and DVD label.

While I've had issues with Illustrator, I've manged to make a fair amount of progress on my sleeve in Photoshop. I've changed my idea a few times as I've been working on it, but I am happy with the progress I've made so far. I decided to adapt the style and imagery used in the opening sequence of the show, namely the black background with rectangles of bold colour.



In later series of the show, these rectangles have been altered slightly, and have a bit of texture to them, with line drawings also implemented into the image.



As you can see, the image has a little more depth now, and I am going to apply a similar effect myself by using the noise effect on the coloured squares I have already decided to use. Depending on the time I have left at the end, I may try to use transparancy to apply the line drawings on the background, as seen in the first picture, although this may not always be worth doing, as I am using fairly large pictures on top of the squares.

I may also try to incorporate this usage of bold coloured shapes into my work in illustrator. This would be a good use of the vector shapes, easily allowing me to adjust them to the size needed without distorting them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment